Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas


I'm hoping that everyone had a nice Christmas and now are looking forward to the coming new year. Last year was not as bad a year for us as you might expect if you read all the stuff we've been through. I was just reading my daughters blog and she had random thoughts about Christmas and whatever popped in her head. Here are some of mine.

We started the year with 2 1/2 months of unemployment behind us, and only one job interview. 2 1/2 months later I had a job. 2 1/2 months later a better job, and 3 months later I was called back to my old job. Pretty solid progression there, but even when I wasn't working I wasn't full of despair. I remembered the song I wrote the year before, and how we've always gotten though other layoffs (the latest just the year before!), and all the free time was really quite nice. I enjoyed having the time at home with my wife. The uncertainty never bothered me. I knew something would change and we'd get through it.

Just when we hit the high point, the bottom fell out. The accident. There were many things that seemed like miracles then. Now that seems like a long time ago. Seems like I've been working there all the time.

After having so much time off, working takes so much of your time! There ought to be a law.

After a roller-coaster of a year the ups outweigh the downs by far. The point of a roller-coaster is the whole ride, not just the ups or downs. That is the way life is. Sometimes it is a kiddie ride, or a ferris wheel, or salt and pepper shakers. Sometimes its a roller-coaster. The point is to enjoy the ride. Life is the same. Enjoy the ride.

One thing that helps is to know that God wants to be with you all day long, not just through the tough times. He wants to be your everything. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment