Sunday, December 5, 2010

Full size drawing


Well here is my full size drawing. One side is right, the other is only kinda close. Which side do you like? The full size drawing works much better then the 70% scale. You can draw it up so radii end up on points that just happen to be describe radii. I'm happy with the good side (the left one by the way). I had to work today, on a Sunday no less. That I'm not so happy about. I guess I should be grateful, and I am, but you can't get anything done on a violin if you're never home!
I don't have anything else to talk about on the violin. I can say something about my songwriting. Here's the story on how I wrote the first song. I finished reading the local paper. The next to last page has a article written by a local church leader, they switch off week to week. My wife asked me how I liked the article. I replied that the idea was great but the story could be done better. Move some sentences around so that the paragraphs don't say the same thing. That night I woke up to the sound of wonderful music and then it stopped. Someone said "Now listen". And the song was sung to me. It repeated a couple of times. It was the same idea as the article I read earlier. The voice said, "How could you say the story could have been done better. Everyone will write the same story in a different way depending on their experiences and style. That's arrogant". Then the music started again and the chorus rose up and was really cool. In the morning I sang the song over and over in my head and tried to remember it. I wrote the words down and tried to write the music, not knowing how to do it. Sure I know how to read music, but I don't know how to write it. It took about a week to get the melody line down, and more than another week to get some harmony and a bass line. That's how it went. It's not as magical as the song I heard in my sleep, but the theme is the same...God wants be be your everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment