Saturday, December 11, 2010

Finalizing the outline


I glued the ribcage on the belly today. I just glued the blocks because I'm just gluing it on to get the shape marked on. I had to compress the c bout and the length some to get it to fit on the belly, I didn't cut it out big enough around the corners and the top and bottom. Maybe I made the corners too pointy? The back is cut bigger and won't be a problem. The final measurements should end up around: 356mm oal,166mm ub,104mm cb, 205mm lb. I drilled the pin holes through the blocks and belly, and will drill through the back when I glue it on. I took care to keep the hole straight this time, and it is right on center of the belly even though I drilled it from the other side. Who needs a drill press? I marked the inside of the liners on the belly and marked the overhang using the washer around the ribs trick. After I glue the back on I'll take the belly off and mark the back the same way. After they are marked I can trim them to size and do some contouring in the re-curve area. I use the pin holes to locate the plates, but it would be nice, especially in the case where I pushed the ribs around some, to have some way to locate the corners too. I guess I should trim the corner blocks up some as well. They don't need to stick out so much. After I glue the back on I'll see what I can do about finishing up the other ribcage. It's kind of a gloomy day today, almost warm 38 degrees. That is supposed to end abruptly tonight with plunging temps, 2-3 inches of snow tonight, 3-5 more inches tomorrow, and temps around zero. Sweet. (Anyone who knows me knows I don't like snow or cold)

No comments:

Post a Comment