Monday, June 27, 2011

Looking more like pegs


Yikes, I hit enter before I wrote anything! Please kids, don't try this at home, these are trained professionals. Now, where was I. Ahh...my pegs. I turned the pegs down on the lathe the other day. I turn the shaft straight, so it is easy to turn the back end. Today I cut the heads a little with a chisel to make them all the same and not look clunky. Next I'll have to cut the "heart" out with a knife and tiny chisel. Then it's a matter of tweaking it until it looks good. I have one set I made that I like, but I wanted to make one without the little ball in the end. For some reason I keep breaking them off! I'm an animal. I'm not sure about the shape I have right now, it is just an eyeball thing, I didn't have a real design or print on these ones. Runny the good one was planned. Maybe I should have had a plan.


I had to work all weekend, but we salvaged the weekend by going to see a concert at Pine Knob (aka DTE music theater, yuk), We saw Francesca Battistelli, Jars of Clay, on of my favorites, and Stephen Curtis Chapman, my wife's favorite of group. It also started with Caleb, SCC's sons group (they also are his backup). Good stuff. Francesca sang all her hits. Jars of Clay played Two Hands, Flood, Dead Man, Love Song for a Savior, Five Candles, Lift up your Head, a new one, and maybe some I'm forgetting. Stephen Curtis Chapman played a bunch of his hits. The only problem was, (I can't believe it, I MUST be old) it was TOO loud. Loud is fine, as long as you have clarity. I didn't hear clarity. The bass drum (every band) pretty much made the bass impossible to hear. The guitars (all except SCC by himself) made the vocals almost impossible to hear. The vocal harmony and musical interplay was incredible in Jars of Clay, but would have been insanely amazing with clarity. But it was fun. I can hear music perfectly with my mp3 player, but I can't FEEL the music like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment