Wednesday, June 8, 2011

fingerboard glued on, heading down the back stretch





Finally got the fingerboard on today. Yesterday I "tuned"the fingerboard. I figure as long as I'm thinning the bottom of the fingerboard I may as well see if it needs tuning at the same time. I'm not really sure what I'm doing at this point! It seems like there are bands that are higher in pitch when damped, but there are also bands that seem to be harmonically higher on when you let them ring. Anyway...sometimes they don't need much, sometimes a little bit (like this one), and I had one that needed a whole bunch. I don't know if it makes a difference. Maybe by the weekend I'll have the neck on and can start playing with the peg blanks I have cut out.

I seem to have a problem with free time, or lack thereof. I started thinking about it the other day and it isn't really a problem, but a priority. I ask God to use me. To let me be his hands and feet. To see things through His eyes, and get a I chuckle when I hear His small voice say "see, I told you". But then I say I don't have time. My life is great. It is never quite what I think it will be day to day. My plans may not go according to MY plan. Thing is, it isn't MY plan. It's HIS plan. I've been doing some things to get some of my songs out. I joined a website to help with some lyrics and music. I even had some feedback on one today. If you feel like a chuckle, take a listen to one of my songs at : http://forums.christiansongwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16500
It always makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment