Saturday, July 2, 2011

Will I get anything done?





Did it again! Put the title in and hit enter. OK, now I HAVE to write. The title is a question, but I'm sure already the answer is yes. I will get something done. Maybe not a lot, but at least something. I have three days off. Monday we have plans, so I have two days off. I did work some on the pegs. A little more to even them all up and then I'll have to make up the decorative turning that goes between the head and the shaft. As you can see by now you are way ahead if you just buy them! I'll should get over the dysfunction of wanting all the fittings out of the same wood. I do have a cherry viola that I just bought a hunk of figured maple to use as it's neck. There, it is different already. I still need to find something to make the ribs out of, and maybe I could buy all the fittings. Maybe that will help. When I turn the tiny rings I'll make up a button, that won't take long at all. I still need to plane the heel of the neck even with the ribs and glue the back on. It would be almost done then, but I need to pop the belly off to replace a piece of rib that broke off a corner. I was going to have a photo of the pegs, took several, but none were as nice as the pond looked.

I have a few books now. Actually bought them...at rummage sales and the Salvation Army. One I finished reading is Thunder in Paradise, Satan's Last Storm by Jonathan R. Cash. It is set at the end of the Millennium (The thousand year reign of Jesus on earth)when Satan get his chance in his final battle. Cool stuff. I'm reading one now called Joshua, a Parable for Today by Joseph F. Girzone that seems to be up there with The Shack as a must read book. It has been reprinted numerous times since it was first self-published in 1983. I just grabbed it at a church rummage sale before the lady who was getting books for resale took all of them. She missed the best. I'm sending the first out to our daughter in Arizona, like she has time to read it with 3 boys three and under! Maybe I'll have a library of books I can lend out. I wrote a rock song and sang it on a forum I'm on (Christian Songwriters Network). It would be good with a rock band and a real singer! With me you just get the idea. I think the lyrics are good though. If you'd like to hear it go to:
http://forums.christiansongwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16513

No comments:

Post a Comment