Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A little song



Sunday, besides being Fathers day, was my birthday. In the morning before I did anything else, I finished up writing down a little song. A little gift to myself, and the Father of all fathers. The word part is easy, they just come to you. Just write it down before you forget. It's the music part that is a lot of work. Don't know why it is in 3/8 time. I don't remember ever playing anything in 3/8 time, but that's what it came out as. The other song I wrote was in 6/8, who knows maybe this one is too! I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm pretty sure it is in three!
I'm putting it up here just in case someone might actually like it, or play it, use it at Church. It's better than just sitting in my computer and in my head. As in everything else here your comments or suggestions are welcome. If you want to record it, give me the credit. I picture it as being sung by Jars of Clay. Especially the part at the end marked slower (don't know what you call that part that is kinda added on) where I changed the notes to be higher, just like they would sing it. They write their own songs, so it will never happen. My first one I imagine Point of Grace singing it. I wrote the music with Anvil, a free software, but it doesn't print. Then wrote the music out to be printed on an evaluation copy of Noteworthy Composer. It can't be saved on that software. Anyone out there to suggest some software they really like? Neither one of them make it easy to just click on a note and change the length of it. Moving it up or down isn't too bad.
I did do some more work on the scroll. But, there isn't much time tonight to work on it so I'll talk about it the next post.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I didn't realize the photo was so bad. You can check out my other songs at Christian Songwriters Network.

    ReplyDelete