Saturday, June 5, 2010

Busy at work


Been making a lot of chips lately. Metal chips, not wooden ones. After months of being unemployed, with hardly any prospects, I've found a job where I'm in demand. Maybe too much in demand. They had a bunch of work when I started a month ago, and now they have an opportunity for a big job that could get even bigger. I find myself as a key player. Never really been there before. They are all really excited. It's been a long drought for them I think. It's been a long drought for the whole State of Michigan. I had faith that I would find a job, and that things would work out. But I never imagined 63 hour work weeks! I worked 55 hour weeks for years, but it's been about a decade since then, and I've grown to enjoy 40 hour weeks, especially the time at home. I'm hoping once this job gets going and things settle down a bit I'll at least have my weekends back. My wife and I really enjoy going out on Saturday morning. It's our little getaway. Would like to go away for a weekend sometime this summer. We went away twice last summer for a couple of days each, but one of the weekends the weather was miserable. I'll have to squeeze violin making into short stints in the basement after dinner. Maybe this will teach me how to work faster and more efficiently.
The picture is just to remind me there is a rainbow after the storm. It was taken from our deck a couple years ago. This busy time won't last forever. It won't be hectic for weeks. Anytime things get stressful you have to remember you will get through it. I worked 8 hours today, came home and cut the grass, took a shower, and was done the same time I normally get home during the week. And I listened to 1.5 hours of music on my mp3 player while getting some exercise. Not bad. Now I need to grab a saw or a gouge.

No comments:

Post a Comment