Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hurray, don't have to work tomorrow!


I have tomorrow off. First day off since Memorial Day. I haven't been this busy at work in at least ten years. I have the neck blank for the violin ready to saw, but haven't had time. I need to thin the back and belly down a lot too. As busy as I've been, it hasn't seemed hectic or anything. Just no time for myself. Still have to do the everyday things...shopping, cut the grass, stuff like that. We went to an awards ceremony for out youngest daughter who is graduating tomorrow. That killed a whole evening from 6-9, but it was nice. It is good to see the kids getting money for college, and some do put a lot of time and effort above and beyond what is required. I also noticed that a couple kids had broken legs, one had a mask on (has leukemia), one her mother just died a week ago. I'm sure others have trials and agony's no one even knows about. Makes you feel grateful for the blessings you've been given. Being able to go to work is a blessing, even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes.
My wife and I were sitting on the deck after dinner and we noticed how the trees around the house have really grown tremendously. It seems like they grow very slowly, then all of a sudden they shoot up. A cottonwood way in the back was always the same height as the other trees around it. Now it is 30 feet higher. Maybe they get down to a underground spring, and the constant water spurs their growth. It's the same thing with people. You can go along with your life and not grow much. But if you reach for the spring of life, Jesus, you can experience a spurt of growth. You may not have as much time for the stuff you wanted to do, but it won't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment