Sunday, May 8, 2011

Squeeze in the time


Another week without much done. The belly is tuned now after sealing. It didn't seem to change as much as the back did. Maybe the belly was tuned better in the first place! The next step will be to set and glue the neck in. I noticed the other day I hadn't finished the neck...no fluting or chamfers. So I did a little on it the way I usually do, squeezed in between other stuff. Fluting doesn't take to long. I just hold the neck n my left hand, and carve it in. I hold the gouges way near the ends, not on the handles. Now is not the time for leverage, just small cuts with a sharp tool.

I squeeze in time for other stuff too. Reading done in Kroger or Meijers. Music while washing the car and cutting the grass. My latest readers: From the Cross to Pentecost, by J. D. Jakes. Just started a new one by him Friday! 9 Days in Heaven, by Marietta Davis in the 1800's but updated by Dennis and Nolene Prince just recently. Very moving story. Heaven is for Real, by Lynn Vincent. A story along the same line, but with a little boy who knows much more than he should. I haven't finished Radical by David Platt (only seen it in one store), but it is good so far. At home, besides my normal stuff I read everyday, I've been re-reading Revelation illustrated and made plain, written by Tim LaHaye back when I graduated high school. I have the 18th printing from 1981 (garage sale).

I have my mp3 player on random play so the songs are all mixed up. Here is the playlist from washing the car: Sibelius sym #6 (first movement), My December How I Feel, John Mayer Crossroads, MercyME Love of God, Bartok violin concerto(first movement), Beethoven Sym #5 (third movement?), Casting Crowns To Know You, Jars of Clay Show you Love, Sting Fortress around your Heart. Then I'm related to Adam, by me came up and I had to laugh. A lot of songs to wash the car? Well I waxed it, and rainx'ed the windows too! Found a great tool that will work in the violin shop as well. Microfiber rags. Great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment