Sunday, May 15, 2011

Motivation, got any?


I'm not one to be depressed. Don't quite understand it. But sometimes I just don't have any motivation. All week the weather has been fairly nice. Friday and Saturday were beautiful, high around 80 and sunny. I had to work Saturday. Stuff to do outside competing with making violin pegs, and songs to write music for. So now that Sunday is here and the weather is nasty (I don't believe global warming, haven't had a hot summer here in Michigan since 1988), cold (40's), rain (all day long today, and thunderstorms every night all week long to wake you up), you would think the pegs or songs would win out and the lathe would be spinning or the notes written down. Not yet. After a couple of nice days this weather really feels cold. Had to take the car up to get gas and a newspaper. The cold rain dripping on me and the 20mph wind made me shiver, and a couple fingers turned white. Didn't get that all winter! Came home and the cheap (free) program I have to help on music scores wouldn't cooperate. Couldn't remember how to get it to work, and it really is work if you don't know what you're doing. I might get on with the pegs, but it is so gloomy and dark I can't get going. How do people living in the north get through the winter? Once I get going on something today (it's almost 2) I won't want to stop. I just can't pull the trigger. The photo is from February. It's probably only 20 degrees warmer today. It ain't right.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! Here on the Oregon Coast we might only see the sun a few days each year. While we don't get much snow or weeks on end of freezing weather, the gray, chilly temps, wind and the damp do get a body down.

    I find that YouTube is a great motivator - search out some tunes that you enjoy and pretty soon you're wanting to get building so you can make your own music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make a new post. I'm certainly not depressed. Not my style. Frustrated might be more of the word. No time. Too much to do.

    ReplyDelete