Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The belly is sealed







Here is the belly after being sealed. I used the same routine as I did on the back. It is lighter in color after being in the sun all day, but I like it better now. It was almost too golden before.










Now it matches the color of the back more. They are both very shiny. My other grounds were flat. The varnish coat was the only thing shiny. I hope this way works better. The effect of the ground on the belly is very dichromic. It appears much darker when looking at it from the end than straight on.






I put the back on my tuning fixture and did have to do more tuning on it to get it to where it was before. Mostly near the ends (more end grain to suck up the sealant) and in a few other spots that must have been thirstier. I'm glad I did it this way. At least I'll know if the tuning works.

No comments:

Post a Comment