Monday, November 1, 2010

Where do I hide?


Where can I hide? I purposely left the bottom joint to the last step to avoid a couple problems I had in the past, and then made a worse mistake, and a second rate joint besides. As the photo shows, (now that's a dumb idea), I reversed the flame angle. In my only defense I will state that this was the first ribset I did with flames on them. I did plan it out. I did make sure that the angle went the same all the way around. But I must have bent one of the C bouts the wrong way, so when I bent the lower bout to match, it made it backwards. I've never seen that done before. The flame may change on the C bouts. People have cut the button off. I've never seen the flames reversed on the bottom. If anyone has seen it, please let me know.
Hiding is what we want to do when we make a mistake that we're ashamed of. The fact that we're ashamed of it is a good thing. At least we have some shame. But hiding doesn't solve anything. (If anyone knows a good, acceptable way to....hide....the bad rib joint/flame reversal let me know). Getting things out in the open is the only way to go. Admitting your failings is only admitting that you are human, and not God. Sometimes I feel more human than most. Even if you are successful in hiding something, you still know it. If you know it, God knows it. So fess up. Straighten out your crooked paths. My mistake is out in the open, but it's only a violin. If it was something I was doing on the sly, for my own gain..that is a serious human failure. In that case hiding still won't work. Jesus said that all that is done in the dark, or whispered, will be brought out in the light, and shouted from the mountaintop. There is no where to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment