Friday, May 21, 2010

Looking more like a violin


While I was eating breakfast this morning I was looking at my violin belly. It's actually starting to look like one! I didn't do much on the violin yesterday, and probably won't today, but in about 20 minutes yesterday I rough sawed the outline and brought the thickness down to around 5mm. You can see how the inside arching generates the center of the outside arching. The recurve blends in from there to the edge. It is still as stiff as 3/8" plywood. I still haven't checked all the arches on the back yet. When I finish that I will rough out it to this point.
We saw an estate sale sign along the road yesterday, in a really nice neighborhood, and decided to take a look. Wow! I've never seen so much stuff. Collections of ornaments, collections of toys, collections of cameras and electrical stuff, more and more collections. Nothing they ever had was ever thrown out, and they always bought at least 2-3 of anything. I left there thinking I would go home and put everything I haven't used in a while in a garage sale, load up a small U-Haul, and we could move into a 600 sq. ft. cabin somewhere. What a waste. All that money spent on things. How much good could have been done with that money instead? I did buy a few things though....a brand new oil stone set, some twine, and a tower for starting charcoal. Maybe 600 sq. ft. and an extra large garage?

No comments:

Post a Comment