Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pegs done


Well I finally have something to show. We've been really busy. Last night I turned up some fake ivory for the pegs. It isn't plastic. It smells kinda like glue when you turn it. I thought of using a simple 2 curve profile for it, with undercut ends. I see in the light (did it in the basement) that my undercuts could be more undercut, but that is easy to accomplish. They also look a little wide, maybe would have been better with a small hump in the middle, and the wings spreading out from there. Oh well. Next time.
I'll just imagine they were made by a baroque guy who had minimalist ideas.

I've worked a lot of overtime lately, and we've been looking for a second car. Used cars are expensive. One night a little over a week ago we had thunderstorms all night long, from 9pm to 7am. Ended up getting about 5 inches! Then another inch the next night.
So much for the grass dying off so I don't have to cut it!

No comments:

Post a Comment