Sunday, July 12, 2015

5 String Roughed Out

I had the plates roughed out. Now I filed and cut them close to the finish outline. I double checked the outside long arch, and inside long arch, and then the inside cross arches. Cut the edges down to about 5 mm thick, and blended the outside in some. They are still quite thick from 1/2 way to the edge. The center may be somewhat thick, but I've never done this before; nobody has; so I want to start thick and try to find out what works.

I bought a wall cabinet to put stuff in. Mostly varnish stuff, and that kind of thing; not tools. It works good.



These photos show the size of the beast I'm making. It is more of a 5 string viola with a violin scale than a 5 string violin. Hopefully it will roar like a beast. It isn't long, but it does seem quite wide.





No comments:

Post a Comment