Saturday, April 5, 2014

New Workbench

We picked up the new workbench on Wednesday. A few screws, and some glue and it is done. The workmate can still be used for using the thicknessing punch that is clamped to it now, or the thickness gauge, or maybe something else. Here is the before:


I bought some cork covered foam board to make up drawer liners to keep the tools organized in the drawers, and keep them from banging around when the drawers are open. I have the black rubbery stuff in my machinist box, but I've never been that impressed by it. When I finish up a drawer I give you a peek. Anyway, here is what it looks like now:


The cello wood fits nicely on it, with room for a violin on the other end. I don't know what, if anything people put on their benches. Any ideas? I know you don't want something that makes a coating that can peel or wear; but what about oil, or something? It will probably take a few days to figure out how I want things set up, and I might change my mind, but it shouldn't be too long before I start working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment