Tuesday, September 14, 2010


It's been a long time since I've written anything here. Been a long time since I've worked on the violin. Seems like I've been real busy. I need to finish the rib cage up on the maple Strad. I also have a birch Strad ribcage ready to take off the form, and another set of plates for a Strad that needs a ribcage as well. That one I needed some maple for ribs. I have that now, but both of my saws are way too dull. I don't know if I'll get a replacement blade, or a handmade one where the teeth aren't induction hardened, that way they can be sharpened when they start to get dull, and won't (maybe) break off when I hit the metal vise. I may get them all ready for tuning and see what kind of consistencies, or inconsistencies I have in the three.

The picture is the background on our computer. You can use it as a test. If all you see is trees, with the sky peeking through, maybe your missing something. If you were there, laying on the ground looking up at that scene, and all you see is trees, maybe you need to place God a little higher in your priorities. God is with us all the time, but we tend to think about Him only in a church or in times of need. God wants to "be your everything" and be a part in you entire life, not just a few hours a week. The blessings in your life are just that... blessings. They don't come from you, or by accident. Look up in the sky and think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment