Sunday, August 3, 2014

Color under the ground

The other day before starting to glue (I"m still at it, I've been busy) I sealed the wood with some resin in alcohol, and tried to color it a green/gold. I used a tiny bit of Azo Green on a toothpick, and some tannin in alcohol and tried to point it until it was even. Originally the back is quite white, and the belly is quite red.


Now they are closer to the same color, and it does have the green/gold look I was going for. It seemed a little bright at first, but either it grows on you after a while, or it dulls up a little.


After I get it glued up I can but the ground on it, and then start the varnish. While waiting for varnish to dry I have a fingerboard, pegs, tailpiece, saddle and nut to make. I have a hunk of ebony that isn't all black. Hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment